With the acceleration of current technology and digitalization, people have started to shift towards online shopping, which has seen a significant boost due to the impact of the pandemic. As a result, many e-commerce websites have gained value and importance. There are certain platforms that provide the infrastructure for these online shopping websites, allowing businesses to manage their websites, marketing, sales, and transactions. Now, let’s take a look at some of these platforms that provide e-commerce infrastructure.
Shopify is the world’s largest e-commerce platform that facilitates online trading and enables products to be marketed and sold in the online environment. It has users in more than 175 countries.
- It offers ready-to-use and customizable themes.
- Available in more than 20 languages.
- Being a cloud-based service, it is accessible from all devices and browsers.
- It offers over 70 payment options, which is its significant advantage.
- It does not have software errors seen in other platforms.
- Shopify automatically sends emails to customers who leave the site without completing the payment process.
Some companies using Shopify globally include Red Bull, Kylie Cosmetics, Tesla Motors, The Economist, and Penguin Books. In 2021, Shopify generated revenue of over 4.6 billion USD. You can find more detailed statistics at the following link: https://www.statista.com/statistics/1075158/total-revenue-shopify-worldwide/
Some companies around the world using Shopify:
- Red Bull
- Kylie Kozmetiks
- Tesla Motors
- The Ekonomist
- Penguin Books
Shopify generated total revenue of over $4.6 billion in 2021.
You can examine in detail: https://www.statista.com/statistics/1075158/total-revenue-shopify-worldwide/
WooCommerce is a WordPress plugin that allows you to sell online quickly and practically. It was launched in 2011 by Mike Jolley and James Koster and was acquired by WordPress parent company Automattic in 2015.
- In addition to sales, WooCommerce allows other transactions such as appointments, reservations, and subscriptions.
- It uses the WordPress infrastructure, allowing for SEO analysis.
- It offers users an extensive collection of unlimited themes to choose from.
- It enables the management of customers and orders.
- Besides product sales, it also allows the publication of blogs and content.
- WooCommerce has a library of over 400 extensions.
- Globally, more than 6 million active websites use WooCommerce.
You can find more detailed information at the following link: https://trends.builtwith.com/shop/WooCommerce
Some sites that use WooCommerce are:
- Porter and York
- Barefoot Buttons
- Underwear Expert
- The Good Batch
- Untold Wish
Magento is an open source e-commerce infrastructure serving under the umbrella of Adobe. It was released in 2008 by Varien. It was acquired by Adobe in 2018 for $1.68 billion.
- Since it is open source, it has the possibility of customization.
- It offers the advantage of being able to manage multiple stores from a single center.
- It offers an expandable website infrastructure and flexibility.
- It has multi-language support.
- Provides comprehensive analysis with support for Google Analytics.
- It offers convenience with catalog, order and inventory management.
Magento is the third most preferred platform with 7.91% in 2022, after WooCommerce and Shopify.
Some sites that use Magento are:
- Liverpool FC
- Land Rover
- Coca Cola
BigCommerce is a subscription-based coded e-commerce infrastructure software. It was established in Sydney in 2009, but after incorporation, its headquarters became the USA.
- An extensible platform, BigCommerce allows you to customize your website.
- It supports various third-party payment services. PayPal, Apple Pay, Pay with Amazon and more.
- BigCommerce offers a special package option for B2B.
- Multi-language and multi-currency features are available.
Some sites that use BigCommerce are:
- Ubisoft Store
- Black Diamond
OpenCart is a free and open source e-commerce platform. It uses PHP programming language and MySQL database.
- Since it is open source software, it can be developed and customized.
- It offers free and ready-made templates.
- It provides multi-language and multi-currency support.
- It provides the option to backup and restore data.
- You can add as many products as you want.
- It has an admin panel showing total sales data.
Today, more than 400,000 websites use Opencart.
Some sites that use OpenCart are:
- The APP Solutions
IdeaSoft is an e-commerce infrastructure provider that offers web and mobile-based software solutions. It has been serving since 2005. To date, they have served more than 35,000 customers.
- Compatible with all devices.
- Ready-to-use and free themes are available.
- Thanks to the integration, the products you add to your e-commerce site; You can simultaneously sell it on platforms such as GittiGidiyor, Hepsiburada, N11, Trendyol and Amazon.
- All banks in Turkey work in integration with virtual POS infrastructures.
Some sites that use Ideasoft are:
- Doğuş Çay
Squarespace is a website infrastructure platform that started its operations in the USA in 2003. It has close to 3 million users.
- There are customizable templates.
- Editing can be done by drag and drop method.
- Optimized for all devices with one-page payment feature.
- Email and social media integration is available.
- It also has features such as unlimited product support and inventory management.
Some sites that use Squarespace are:
ShopyGen is a brand that provides e-commerce software solutions. It was established in 2017. It is headquartered in Wattana, Bangkok. ShopyGen has some services in itself:
- Genstore: Genstore is a comprehensive and fully customizable multi-vendor marketplace software designed to facilitate e-commerce operations.
- Gentack: Gentack is an e-commerce software used to create a service-based marketplace.
- MobiGen: MobiGen is an e-commerce solution for mobile-based marketplaces, enabling easy uploading and selling of products on mobile devices.
- Gentask: Gentask is an e-commerce software used for service-based marketplaces, equipped with features such as credit system, surveys, workflow, and real-time tracking.
- Gencart: Gencart is a software that brings together multiple offline stores to create a local delivery service.
Some sites that use ShopyGen are:
- College Labor
Ticimax was established to provide e-commerce software and infrastructure provider services. It serves more than 14,000 companies. Ticimax also continues to provide e-commerce trainings. It offers 5 different package options as Soft, Plus, Special, Special extra, Special omni.
- It offers 24/7 phone support.
- Unlimited web space is available.
- It has a mobile compatible management panel.
- Order, product, payment, etc. You can get detailed reports of all content.
- There are hundreds of ready-made designs.
Some sites that use Ticimax are:
- Vıctoria’s Secret
- Denizlispor Resmi Alışveriş Sitesi
It was established in 2003 as Tekrom Teknoloji A.Ş. It provides e-commerce infrastructure to over 2000 customers.
- It provides services by providing payment, supplier and marketplace integration.
- Provides integration with price comparison sites. (Cimri.com, akakçe)
- It has multi-language and currency support.
- It offers e-invoice and e-archive solution.
- It provides a service that makes it easy to use thanks to the Excel product wizard.
Some sites that use T-Soft are:
Volusion was founded in 1999. It provides businesses with website building, management and e-commerce solutions.
- There are customizable themes suitable for every device.
- Search functionality is available, allowing customers to easily find products.
- There is a homepage slideshow feature that you can use to highlight discounts and products.
- It can be used free for 14 days.
- It has a reporting feature that allows you to get information about developments such as purchases and product returns.
Some sites that use Volusion are:
- Fitness Finders
- AAA Vacuums
- Guitar Sanctuary
We have discussed the e-commerce infrastructure platforms such as Shopify, WooCommerce, Magento, BigCommerce, OpenCart, İdeasoft, Squarespace, ShopyGen, Ticimax, T-Soft, and Volusion, and shared their features.
Inspira7, on the other hand, is a company that provides unique services and solutions to firms that aim to increase sales performance in e-commerce through data-driven marketing approaches, cutting-edge technology platforms, and behavioral analysis.
- What is Shopify and How Does it Work? https://www.shopify.com/blog/what-is-shopify
- Shopify Nedir? Nasıl Kullanılır? Web Sitenizi Nasıl Oluşturursunuz? https://www.niobehosting.com/blog/shopify/
- Shopify’s total revenues worldwide from 2015 to 2021 https://www.statista.com/statistics/1075158/total-revenue-shopify-worldwide/
- Why WooCommerce? https://woocommerce.com/features/
- WooCommerce Usage Statistics https://trends.builtwith.com/shop/WooCommerce
- 10 Of The Best Ecommerce Sites Built With WooCommerce https://www.referralcandy.com/blog/woocommerce-store-examples
- Top 10 Features of Magento eCommerce Platform https://mindpooltech.com/top-10-features-of-magento-ecommerce-platform/
- Magento Nedir? Yeni Başlayanlar İçin Magento Rehberi https://www.niobehosting.com/blog/magento-nedir/#Neden_Magento_Tercih_Etmeli_Magento_Kullanmanin_Avantajlari_Nelerdir
- What Is BigCommerce? A Brief Introduction https://www.emizentech.com/blog/what-is-bigcommerce.html
- Features https://www.bigcommerce.com/product/
- Top 18 eCommerce Websites Using BigCommerce https://influencermarketinghub.com/websites-using-bigcommerce/
- OpenCart Features https://www.opencart.com/index.php?route=cms/feature
- OpenCart Usage Statistics https://trends.builtwith.com/shop/OpenCart
- Hakkımızda https://www.ideasoft.com.tr/sayfa/hakkimizda/
- Feature List https://www.squarespace.com/feature-index
- ShopyGen https://shopygen.com/
- Ticimax https://www.ticimax.com/
- T-Soft https://www.tsoft.com.tr/Eticaret/Hakkimizda.php
- Features https://www.volusion.com/features/